Do you really think technological evolution will take over the human capabilities? This is the all-time hanging question and none can answer it precisely. Indeed, we have no clue how fast technologies are changing our lives.
Today, the technologies have expanded its roots in each and every areas and environment of our life. These trends and technologies are having significant positive impacts everywhere, from a small scale startup to the giant enterprises, which cannot be overlooked.
One of the interesting aspects of 2018 is, it was the year filled with remarkable activities and foundings. Organizations and startups built on the foundation of exponential tech trends proved that agile technologies are progressing faster than ever before.
Along with that, innovative technologies paving its way even more rapidly in 2019. Why? Because of the global adoption at an unprecedented rate. For example, the telephone - a game-changing technology, took approximately 75 years to reach up to 50 million users. However, the adoption of the mobile phone just took 11 years to reach up to 50 million users. What's more? Look at the adoption rate of Pokemon GO, it just took 19 days to reach up to 50 million users. (The feat was only possible because it was built on top of the exponential technologies).
As the technologies continue to converge and emerge, things are only changing faster. It is important as you consider what are steps will help you transform your own business from a linear to the exponential organization. Today, each one from an individual to the globalized enterprises realized the power of continuous change. And digital awareness is the only way to save us from lagging behind. Let's have a quick glance at what are the top technologies of 2019, which are soon going to astound out lives.
Internet of Things (IoT):
Internet of Things is the most popular trend, IoT has introduced the interaction with things including human being. With the concept of connecting the unconnected using sensors; it has introduced the concept of smart systems. It is a system of the system with increased efficiency and effectiveness of work. It reduced human efforts and errors. The escalated growth of IoT predicted a unique prospect of Digital living. By the end of 2019, IoT will create total potential revenue of $490 billion, with more than 2.9 billion smart home devices.
Let’s have a look at the impacts of IoT in the nearest future:-
- Industrial IoT: Balancing machine learning and big data, Industrial IoT is revamping the manufacturing sector. IIoT is making manufacturing and automation smart to dominate sensor data and manages machine to machine communication to automate operations.
- Healthcare: IoT is helping in patient engagement and contentment by interconnecting healthcare providers with the patients. Remote monitoring of sensors along with medical device integration is going to deliver advanced care to the patients.
- Smart XYZ: After smart homes and smart parking, the next hype is smart areas. Kiosks for everything starting from cloud connectivity for public transport to the smart city and many more.
Voice Enabled Technology:
There is a huge market for voice assistants. Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple’s HomePod are already an inescapable part of outhouses. It is predicted that by 2022, 88% of US household will have smart voice assistants. By the end of 2019; more than 50% of all searches will be based on voice-enabled technology with 38.5% of an increase in the total number of users.
A quick glance at the impacts of Voice-Enabled Technology:-
- Search behaviours will change as per marketing perspective; SEO will change the keywords and search terms. Now long tail keywords will be the priority for organic search and brand visibility.
- Consumer experience: Voice search combined with AI can transform consumer interaction. For retailer’s integration of such features boost the sales; as it will be more accessible, easy and appealing for new visitors.
AI is not a fantasy anymore which we used to see in Hollywood movies, it is the hottest strategic trend in 2019. It includes Machine learning, Natural language processing and many more. AI clearly made it very easy for the machines to communicate as human beings and that is exactly why it’s part of our everyday life. The latest report by IDC says the annual growth of global expenditure on AI will reach to %31.6 billion by the end of 2019. This is enough to explain why companies need to start investing in AI tools.
Impacts of Artificial Intelligence:-
- Smart cars: Self-driving such as Tesla created a hype all across the globe. After the Uber Trail, autonomous cars have created a huge market. Tesla manufactured 0 cars in 2011 but will make around 500k in 2019; which can learn the environment, driving and behaviour by themselves.
- AI Assistants: Alexa, Google Home, Siri and Cortana are indeed invading our homes and offices. What's more; companies like Kia and Hyundai are integrating AI assistants with automobiles as well, the technologists are hoping to witness AI in other demographics as well.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are going to be more customised and will be able to handle unsatisfied customers. Along with chatbots, AI will also help in fraud detection.
- Finance: There is no doubt, AI is a better investor and decision maker at the stock market than any human being; also the time is not too far when AI to take over the stock market.
Cloud computing introduced an emerging model in order to enable omnipresent access to sharable storage, applications, sharable networks and servers. With benefits like ease of installation, low maintenance along with scalability, cloud computing is part of our daily life scenarios as well. The latest report by statistics says, by the end of 2019 the cloud market for the public will expand and will cross 159.128 billion USD.
Let’s quickly check out the future of cloud computing on a number of verticals.
- Storage: Gone are the days, when people used to buy a bulky hard drive as a storage device. Today we used to save important documents and data in the cloud, so we can have access to the same at any time, anywhere. Moreover, with the increase of cloud apps such as Dropbox, Netflix, Twitter and Whatsapp - each one of us becoming tech-savvy driven by a cloud-based world.
- Everything-as-a-service: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS - already making the digital life easier and are holding a great portion in IT infrastructure. The pay as you go, model making it easier to utilize the power of the cloud computing for everyone. Hence, we all are looking forward to having EaaS, also known as Anything-as-a-service.
The next generation of mobile apps are the result of a collision of multiple worlds: when app development meet AI, IoT and Bigdata analytics - apps are the outcome. Put simply, apps that continuously learn from the user interactions and other sources of the data to become more and more relevant and useful.
Here are some powerful impacts of intelligent apps on our daily life.
- Contextual and relevant: Intelligent apps make much smarter use of the device’s feature to deliver highly relevant information and suggestions. Users will no more have to the apps, instead, apps will come to them. With 5G, the context-aware notifications are going to be a common thing. The apps can surface data and will send alerts based on calendar, emails, reminders and search traffic routes.
- Action-oriented: By anticipating user actions with predictive analytics, smart apps deliver personalised and actionable suggestions.
- Everything will be automated: We all are well aware of the functionalities of chatbots and how they are slowly creating a new scope of communication. The days are not that far when chatbots will be able to automate the conversations and manage customers accordingly, without any human intervention.
The blockchain has gained popularity because of the successful adoption of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. The blockchain is the digital distribution of ledger, which will keep all the data records or money transaction between two parties secure, transparent and immutable. Experts predicted that blockchain is going to revolutionize traditional business processes. The worth of the Blockchain market is forecasted to cross 20 billion USD by 2014. Today more than 69% of banks across the world experiencing the permission blockchain.
Let’s see what impacts blockchain is going to make on multiple industries.
- Banking and Finance: As per the recent report; by the end of 2019, up to 77% of financial institutions will adopt blockchain as a part of the system. Blockchain will help banks to conduct faster transactions at much lower costs. Along with that it can improve security and reduce extensive bureaucracy.
- Database management: Today, all the government departments have a separate database. There is no doubt that they continuously require data from each other. And the implementation of blockchain technology will lead them to effective data management - as a result, improved functionalities of the govt agencies.
By and Large:
Technology is evolving and learning faster than us. The advanced technologies we used to imagine half a decade ago are in front of us now and no one can deny that one way or other it is reducing human efforts. It is now high time to adopt technology trends in 2019, to keep our business growing and our lives updated. What are your views? Share your thoughts with us in the comment box below and we are happy to give you the mention.
Kunsh Technologies – web and mobile app Development Company is one of the leading IT company based in India and we welcome agile technologies with open-hand. We clearly see the immediate IT market. If you want to discuss the impacts of technologies of 2019 and beyond for your business niche? Then we have a perfect team who can help you out. We are looking forward to integrating these top technology trends in your enterprise operations to redefine your business functions and increase overall ROI.