We are living in an entirely digital world where everything from buying food to paying bills has become digital. It's easy, fast, and reliable. With the increasing use of online portals for shopping and everything, traditional marketing is losing its charm. The marketing graduates of the present time have to learn core digital marketing skills, and that's why the number of digital marketing institutes in India is increasing at a rapid pace.
You should keep yourself updated to keep growing in a competitive market, and that's why updating digital marketing skills is crucial for every digital marketer. Digital Marketing helps you learn the skills to attract customers from their popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
Are you also a marketing graduate and want to kick start your career in the same? Don't forget to read this article till the end to know the and how it can help boost your skills.
Digital Marketing Trends
Digital marketing is not all about sharing links to your blogs on social media. It's about presenting better in a better way in a way accessible for most people. While content has always stayed the king of marketing, the way we present has changed quite a lot.
Here are some of the digital marketing trends that you must know as a digital marketer.
- isn't a new thing now, and we are making the best use of it in marketing. With the availability of voice search, it has been analysed that people love it when they have to type or read less. And that's why the need for audio and video content is growing. Live videos are yet another boom in the series.
- The smart are another best thing about digital marketing that is efficient enough to solve most of the queries of your customers.
- The smart digital marketers make use of search keywords used by users such as a store near my location. So, the digital marketing institutes are teaching marketing graduates on how to make the best use of such micro-moments to create campaigns and ads.
- Just like image preview while using a filter on a camera app, brands are allowing users to visualise their product before actually buying it. Isn't augmented and virtual reality quite smart! The “try and buy” is something every user must be familiar with.
- Personalised email marketing has also helped to gain loyal customers. As a digital marketer, you send emails to subscribers and depending on their interest; additional emails are sent to the customers.
- When you send personalised content, though it's a tricky task, you have better chances of engagement. No one loves irrelevant stuff, and when an app understands someone better, why would they switch to the local market.
- With the use of data enrichment, the process of sending personalised content has become smoother. You get to know your customers better, and that results in better engagement. When you have such data enrichment, you have more information about customers, and then you have a better-personalised approach. As a marketer, it's highly vital for you to understand the needs of your customers, and when you do that successfully, you have better leads and improved conversion rates.
- As a user, you might have seen an app notification saying, “you have products in your cart, proceed to complete your purchase”. These are push notifications. E-commerce companies send push notifications about discounts, sales, credit points, and new products.
The Importance of Learning Digital Marketing
When you join a digital marketing institute, you get to learn about the core skills to implement the above trends in your marketing strategy. It isn't as simple as it is written and requires research and efforts. Understanding these trends requires immense efforts, and that's why you need to join a digital marketing training. You can do that with the help of online courses as well.
You get better opportunities when you have digital marketing talent along with a graduate degree in marketing. The traditional marketing is more about offline marketing, and when you join a digital marketing course, you learn the tactics of online marketing. You can work as a digital marketer, a marketing manager, social media marketer, content marketer, and a lot of other roles are also there.
Digital marketing is not a trend. The world will become 90% digital by 2020 and the way every country is supporting digital payments; the chances are of a higher percentage. When everything is digital, the ordinary marketing rules will neither get you a job nor input in your personal business. So, if you are thinking to make your career in the marketing field, digital marketing is as crucial for you as your marketing degree.